Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Just what the world needs, another blogger!

As I am in my nascent stages of being environmentally conscious (I call that recylcing, but I am really serious about it!), the last thing I wanted to do is clog up the "internets" with one more blog. But Steve Dembo's words of wisdom about blogging elicited from some of the best in the biz, inspired me to give piecing something together a chance. This is also inspired from an election season of being glued to the blogs monitoring every twitch of every canidate, but now facing some type of withdrawal. Thank God Sarah Palin isn't camera shy! Most importanly, this is fueled by a need to sort out this "Brave New World" of technology in the classroom and the 21st Century Skills Map for English. Our school recently went 1:1, which some of my students still think refers to a basketball defense and not how they learn, and I have been seeking ways to make sense of the changes. So I am going to try to take the advice of some of the experts, throw in some links, add some visuals here and there and try to develop a voice.

No comments: